Wednesday 29 February 2012

A Jumpstart to a Good Future

Canadian Tire Started the Jumpstart program in 2005. The idea was develop a charity to help disadvantaged children across Canada get involved in sports. There are currently over 370,000 children between the ages of 4 and 18 playing the sports they previously could not afford to play. Thanks to Canadian Tire, these children will gain the skills to meet friends, accomplish goals, stay in shape, and acquire good team morals.

Jumpstart and charities like it are something I support. Growing up, I had the privilege of being placed in multiple sports. Much of my fondest childhood memories came from the the various sports that I played. Being able to play sports has really molded me as a person. I had a lot of built up aggression as a child and sports helped me to channel this into something positive. If I did not personally have sports as a child I do not know where I would be today. It is really good to see a company such as Canadian Tire giving back to the community that does so much for them.

What is your opinion of the Jumpstart program?

To learn how to donate online you can visit the Canadian Tire: Jumpstart website. You can also visit any local Canadian Tire and donate at the check-out or in the donation bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment